RE [Samba] gid and uid

spu at corman.be spu at corman.be
Wed Apr 20 15:46:44 GMT 2005

samba-bounces+stephane.purnelle=corman.be at lists.samba.org a écrit sur
20/04/2005 17:40:28 :

> thanks for your answer!
>
> >> hi!
> >> I'm studing samba as PDC (with ldap backend) and I would know:
> >> - gid and uid are useful in samba? in other words: if pdc admin knows
> >users'
> >> uids, he can recovery some wrong situations ?
>
> >Samba use unix account.
> OK
>
> >> Example: if a user was cancelled and then readded, if his uid changes
> >implies
> >> some troubles with shared files?
>
> >YES.

how? can you explain me why?
I know that privileges are set in smb.conf using user and group name, not
uid or gid!

The acces to files and directory is verify at unix level, samba make only
the gateway between windows and linux.
If the user is deleted, and after the admin re-add the same user with a
other uid, the user cannot acces to the file
and directory.