[Samba] Problem with smbclient 3.0.13 and 3.0.14a

Stéphane Purnelle stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be
Mon Apr 18 19:49:42 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with a script.
This script use smbclient to connect and tar a share on a windows 2000
(server or workstation, I don't know)

This script run fine on a 3.0.11 and redhat 8.0.

The same script run on my samba test server and cause Out of Memory on
my kernel.
The share contain 1.4Gb of data.

I think that I found the problem.

After wait a moment (more than 30 minutes), I stop the script.
The tar.gz file have a big size : 7.9 GB, I open the file and I see that
is the same directory which are compressed.
There are 3 directories on this share and only one is "tared" and this
directory is copied more than one time.

Maybe is a findNext() problem ????

I can fill a bug and send more information if necessary.

thanks in advance.

    Stéphane Purnelle

--
Stéphane Purnelle <stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be>