[Samba] include smb.conf.%m

Tatar Kolos kolos at archidata.hu
Mon Apr 18 14:01:03 GMT 2005

Hello,

> | Can anyone tell me, why I don't seem to be able to get the include
> | command work?
> | I'm trying to use the following:
> |
> | include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%m
> |
> | [..]
> |

> Works ok here.  Try looking at a level 10 debug log
> and see where the reload is failing or not triggering.

Thanks for the advice, but still no luck.
I tried to debug the way you suggested, and added the following two lines
to the beginning of the [global] section of my smb.conf:

log level = 10
config file = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%m

The config file directive would be suitable for me too, that's why I used
that.

The result is the same.

I'd like to ask two questions if you don't mind:
- How can I debug that the reload is not triggering?
- I've found the following in the log file for a specific client, that
  had an own config file (smb.conf.vendeg):

[2005/04/18 15:49:23, 6] param/loadparm.c:lp_file_list_changed(2668)
  lp_file_list_changed()
  file /etc/samba/smb.conf -> /etc/samba/smb.conf  last mod_time: Mon Apr 18 15:36:51 2005

Can this be the line that should report the use of the other config file?

Thanks,
--
Tatár Kolos
Archi-data Kft.