[Samba] still ACL bug in 3.0.14a

Stewart, Eric eric at lib.usf.edu
Fri Apr 15 19:49:47 GMT 2005

	Okay:
	3.0.14a RHEL 3, client is a Windows 2003 Server SP 1.  Simple
(minimally sanitized) configuration using Winbind and Samba:
===== Begin Config =====
[global]
   load printers = no
   guest account = nobody
   hosts allow = (our local ranges)
   workgroup = (our domain)
   security = domain
   password server = *
   client schannel = no
   encrypt passwords = yes
   local master = no
   os level = 1
   wins server = (the wins server IP)
   preserve case = yes
   invalid users = root mail daemon
   log level = 10
   debug uid = yes
   debug pid = yes
   log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
   lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
   share modes = yes
   allow trusted domains = no
   winbind separator = +
   winbind uid = 12500-19999
   winbind gid = 12500-19999
   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes
   winbind use default domain = no
   template homedir = /dev/null

[junk]
   comment = junk test
   browseable = yes
   force create mode = 0664
   force directory mode = 0775
   force group = mysql    # a linux group that group owns junk
   follow symlinks = no
   path = /usr/local/samba/junk
   valid users = @(winbind enumerated group)
   read only = no
====== End Config ======

	Taking a file as a valid user and copying it to the destination
succeeds.  Here's the long ls of the junk dir:

# l junk
total 5560
drwxrwxr-x    2 bb       mysql        4096 Apr 15 15:32 ./
drwxr-xr-x   11 root     root         4096 Apr 15 15:21 ../
-rwxrw-r--    1 LIB+eric mysql     5668947 Mar 25 09:11
HPLJ4250-070323-ILLiad.pdf*

	Ignoring the minor issue of the created files perms not matching
the force create mode (I know it's now an OR thing that I can fix), I
should still be able to delete this file, as I've been forced to the
mysql group properly (as evidenced by the fact that the file was given
that group).

	But I can't.

	Jeremy: if you want the logs from this box, let me know -
they'll be about 4-5 MB.