[Samba] Mounting a Windows Share with UTF8 files

Cassar, Adam Adam.Cassar at BakerNet.com
Fri Apr 15 02:37:30 GMT 2005

Can anyone advise if this is possible ??

I really don't want to revert to Windows for my solution...  Linux is
just gaining some momentum in my firm,  and if this is not possible,
then it will likely be dropped for all future implementations.

thanks

Adam Cassar

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+ausacz=bmasia.com at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+ausacz=bmasia.com at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of
Cassar, Adam
Sent: Thursday, 14 April 2005 12:40 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] Mounting a Windows Share with UTF8 files

Hi all,

Can anyone please advise if it is possible to mount a Windows share and
view files with chinese filenames ?

I am able to view the files on the local disk,  however the files on the
Windows share display as ??????.htm

I have tried mounting with the following commands

smbmount //xxxxxxxx/filesync /mnt/filesync -o
username=xxxxx,codepage=cp950,isocharset=utf8

or

mount -t smbfs -o username=xxxxx,codepage=cp950,iocharset=utf8
//xxxxxxxx/filesync /mnt/filesync

However it still doesn't seem to work.  Can anyone please advise if it
is truly possible ?

Thanks

Adam