[Samba] Unable to join samba server to a NT4 style domain

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at kaman.com
Thu Apr 14 18:40:02 GMT 2005

Try adding the Samba server to the NT4 Domain first.

Is the NT4 server also a WINS server?
If so, add that info to the smb.conf

wins server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast

Put the NT4 server info into /etc/lmhosts
and /etc/hosts
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx	NT4SERVER

restart Samba and see if you can join
the domain now.