[Samba] Stable samba version

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Apr 13 20:00:42 GMT 2005

>> Samba version 3.0.14 is quite good. It has a known problem with
>> setting up interdomain trusts that will be fixed in the next update.
>> Other than that 3.0.14 passes muster very nicely in all testing I
>> have done.
>

> The same here, with one problem (till today):
>
> smbwebclient isn't working correct anymore. Think this is the result
> of the changes to smbclient between samba 3.0.11 and 3.0.14.
>
> http://smbwebclient.sourceforge.net/2005/03/version-28.html#comments

Note the release notes for 3.0.12:
==================================
libsmbclient Binary Compatibility
==================================

Please note that a change has been made to the _SMBCCTX structure
in source/include/libsmbclient.h.  This change is not backwards
compatible with applications linked against the libsmbclient.so
library from Samba 3.0.11.  However, it is compatible with all
other Samba 3.0.x releases.  This means that it will be most likely
be necessary to recompile any applications linked against the
3.0.11 version of the library.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.