[Samba] SIGUP? Losing Share

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Wed Apr 13 05:25:29 GMT 2005

Paul Ackerman skrev:

> Do you mean the samba installation or the distro installation?
> I'm getting on the dabian list for more info.

The signal 11 means that you have a memory allocation fault. This could
be due to a number of things, including incorrect libraries linked into
binaries, or faulty memory.

If other Debian users are using the same Samba version as you with
success, and it's a Debian package, then signal 11 would tend to point
to faulty hardware (RAM).

SIGHUP is simply a signal to a daemon to re-read its config file(s).

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...