[Samba] Samba/LDAP Administrator taking over root

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Apr 11 14:15:41 GMT 2005

>After installing LDAP and setting up as PDC my unix user root shows up as Administrator.
>When I do an ls on anything that was owned by root now shows ups being owned by Administrator
>
>How do I get root back?
>The system seems to function OK?

Sounds like you for some reason set your Administrator user in LDAP to
have a uid of 0.  This was recommended at some old version of Samba with
LDAP, maybe in the early 3.0.x layers.  Now you should have your
Administrator to just any other user and assign priviledges with the
delegation tools.

So, in a direct answer, to regain your ownership 'look' just change the
uid of your LDAP user named Administrator to anything other than 0.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.