[Samba] NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD with multiple concurrent connects from same IP Address.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Apr 10 07:51:57 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 11:23 -0400, David Girard wrote:
> We are having a problem with SAMBA v 3.0.13 on Linux where a windows client
> (single IP address) makes multiple connections at the same time
> (different processes) to copy files onto our SAMBA server.  As many as 20
> simultaneous connections/file transfers may be occurring from the
> same client IP address.

> Any Ideas what may be happening?...or what we could look at next to
> try to resolve this problem?

Any idea if all these connections occur on the same TCP/IP socket?  I
suspect that the issue is the way the NTLMSSP logins occur - we may well
have the negotiations overlap.

Try 'use spnego = no' on the server, and see if that helps.  I'm trying
to solve this properly with Samba4, correctly handling the state rather
than using various global variables...

Andrew Bartlett