[SAMBA] KDE-Print almost working, directory shares working good.

Pete pete at supermail.dyndns.org
Sun Apr 10 07:22:00 GMT 2005

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Chris wrote:

> On Saturday 09 April 2005 07:15 pm, Pete wrote:
> > But that's it.
> >
> > Nothing else happens.
> >
> > I am a bit embarrassed about this as using SWAT is supposed to make
> > adminstering Samba a breeze, but I'm still unfortunately stuck.
> >
> > I can't work out why the jobs are being sent to the samba server on
> > littlegeek, but nothing is being done with them.
> >
> > If it helps, here are a couple of screenshots of what is happening :
> >
> > 1) The queue list on KDE Print Manager :
> >
> > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alternative.carpark/biggeek_print_manager.png
> >
> > 2) Some information about the printer I'm sending to :
> >
> > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alternative.carpark/kde_print_info.png
>
> There's no reason to involve Samba in this process. CUPS should handle this
> pretty much on its own. If you point your browser to
> http://biggeek:631/printers/ do you see the printers on littlegeek (the same
> as http://littlegeek:631/printers/)? All printers should be seen from both
> systems if CUPS is set up correctly.

Thanks for the info there Chris. I've just tried logging onto
http://littlegeek:631/printers/, and although I log on ok, I'm seeing this
error message :

"Unable to get printer status (client-error-forbidden)!"

The printer is set up ok otherwise, and I can view jobs in the queue. But
because of that error, I can't do anything.

It also warns me to use system-config-printer to edit anything.

I don't understand the error as I am logged in, but not properly ?

Regards,

Pete.