[Samba] Re: No domain server was available to validate your password. [Solved]

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 9 18:44:05 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 17:50 -0600, John H Terpstra wrote:
> Did you turn off the Linux firewall?

The firewall was never on.  Would it have been possible to access files
in the server (as it was possible) if the firewall was on?

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 13:24 -0400 alton bailey wrote:
> in your smb.conf ther is an option  domain logon should be enable in
> order to validate user authentication.

This was the problem.  Thank you very much for your help.

I am afraid the documentation for this option and it's handling in swat
isn't what it should be.  The implication in the documentation is that
"Domain Logon" should be "NO" except for unusual cases.  In swat, it's
only visible when the view is "Advanced".  Judging by my experience, it
looks like it should always be on in very simple networks like mine.

--
Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh at pacbell.net>
Berkeley Linux Team