[Samba] Changing file ownership from Windows

Marek Drápal drapal at email.cz
Thu Apr 7 07:06:54 GMT 2005

Hi all,

would be somebody so nice, to tell me, if IT'S POSSIBLE to change file
ownership from Windows native dialog?

In Samba HOWTO ch.14 (File, Directory and Share Access Controls) is written,
that only special NT chown from Seclib NT security library is able to handle
this, on the other hand in various dissusions I found, that it is possible to
change it natively (as I understood).

>From my point of view I can't understand, the behaviour described in my
change ownership?

Marek Drapal