[Samba] Password sync between W2k ADS and samba 2.2.x

jpbermejo jpbermejo at prisacom.com
Wed Apr 6 21:18:37 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 09:01 +0200, J. Strohschnitter wrote:

> is there any chance to synchronize passwords between
> the smbpasswd of samba 2.2.x and the ADS of a win2000
> server-system, but without using winbind ?
> We don't want to use winbind, because with this we
> have to change our running infrastructure of samba
> from Samba-PDC with smbpasswd.
> Does there exists for example a little tool that can
> be run by crontab to sync the passwords ?
>
> Hope someone can help me ...

If you want to use your AD passwords in linux/unix systems, you don't
even need samba. If you use pam-krb5 you actually authenticate unix
systems against active directory.

Javier Palacios

<DIV><FONT size="1">
This e-mail message and any attached files are intended SOLELY for the addressee/s identified
herein. It may contain CONFIDENTIAL and/or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED information and may not
 necessarily represent the opinion of this company. If you receive this message in ERROR,
please immediately notify the sender and DELETE it since you ARE NOT AUTHORIZED to use,
 disclose, distribute, print or copy all or part of the contained information. Thank you.