[Samba] Password sync between W2k ADS and samba 2.2.x

J. Strohschnitter samba-ml at rwz.de
Thu Apr 7 08:23:20 GMT 2005

> > is there any chance to synchronize passwords between
> > the smbpasswd of samba 2.2.x and the ADS of a win2000
> > server-system, but without using winbind ?
> > We don't want to use winbind, because with this we
> > have to change our running infrastructure of samba
> > from Samba-PDC with smbpasswd.
> > Does there exists for example a little tool that can
> > be run by crontab to sync the passwords ?
> >
> > Hope someone can help me ...
>
> If you want to use your AD passwords in linux/unix systems, you don't
> even need samba. If you use pam-krb5 you actually authenticate unix
> systems against active directory.

hm, a little tool that can be run by crontab does not exists ?
We don't have pam-krb5 running on our systems and I don't know
how to configure this. I thought on a quick solution running a
(perl)-script that synchronize the passwords of ADS-Users with
the smbpasswd of a running samba 2.2.8a.

--
Regards,

     Jens Strohschnitter

*!!!LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX!!!*