[Samba] RE: MYSQL - Was Functional till Update to 3.13

Ben Gaide bgaide at Mines.EDU
Wed Apr 6 20:47:30 GMT 2005

Did you make the posix users aswell ?? (with a script?)  -- POSIX not
familiar with that, but Yes the users have valid linux accounts, I have
reverted back to 3.10 and samba once again adds users.

I didnt try to comment out foo:domain column = 'DOMAIN' because I
reverted before I received your last message. I know that samba was able
to read and insert the sql (permission wise) because I did check useing
the samba_sql_user with samba_sql_password. I also know this because the
samba password file, which is the only backup login method, did not
contain anyone but administrator; yet people who already had accounts
were able to login and there profile loaded etc.

Also, users that I added BY HAND to the Sql database worked just fine.

Does Anyone know if the SMB.conf requires changes with 3.13 so that
samba will insert the data for the following fields. Is is possible that
samba is trying to change the type versus what used to be there? Ie #
instead of V char etc.

  username    domain    nt_username    nt_fullname    home_dir
dir_drive

Note that there were no other changes to the system nor any changes to
the smb.conf besides compileing samba 3.10 to make the system work again.

System:
Gentoo Linux
    x86 Core
    Kernel 2.6.10
    Samba Configured as PDC, Mysql passdb
    Mysql on same physical machine. Accepts local host connections
useing samba sql_username/pass