[Samba] Re: winbind on a domain with 150000 users

Peter Kruse pk at q-leap.com
Wed Apr 6 16:43:28 GMT 2005

Kim Hansen wrote:

> I have testet wbinfo -g again on the ~90000 groups, and winbindd tries
> to use all the memory and I have to kill it. How much memory does your
> winbindd end up using when you do wbinfo -g ?

Did you run it under 3.0.13?  At the moment I cannot run this command,
but winbindd runs now for 5 days and still doesn't use more memory than
44MB so I think the "leak" is gone with this version.  I'm not sure
if winbind needs to keep all groupnames and related information in
memory before it can print it to stdout...

	Peter