[Samba] Samba 2.07 AIX

Sullivan, Joe FPCMS Joe.Sullivan.FPCMS at FMR.COM
Mon Apr 4 18:51:16 GMT 2005

We have several Samba servers, and a few running PVCS .

The group that manages, supports PVCS (Version 7.5.1 ) is having a
problem deleting files from Samba shares on an AIX Server version 5.2
They do not have a similar problem on 2 of our Solaris Servers, 2.8

The difference we see between the AIX server and the 2 Solaris Servers,
is the version of Samba. On The Solaris Servers Samba is version 2.2.8a,
or the AIX server it is 2.07.

There is thought these things started occurring when the users were
migrated to Windows Active Directory . I'm not too certain they didn't
begin occurring once the Desktop O/S was upgraded from Windows NT to XP
. ( Some of the errors returned mention not being able to handle file
extended rights..)

There doesn't seem to be any logic as to when files can be deleted and
when they can't.

I'm curious to ask you, Do you think the version of Samba could be the
cause ? Is Samba 2.0.7 too old to support Active Directory and extended
file rights ?

If anyone has ever heard or seen of anything like this, or similar could
you let me know.

Thanks,