[Samba] macintosh file clutter on samba filesystems.

Ed Kasky ed at esson.net
Mon Apr 4 01:12:11 GMT 2005

Under Macintosh OSX .DS_Store holds the information which controls the way
a folder will be opened; i.e., the shape and size of the window, the
position of the window on the desktop and whether file, folder or icon view
has been selected. If you delete the .DS_Store the folder would revert to
the system default next time it is opened and a new blank .DS_Store would
appear (invisibly).

I for one gave up trying to clean them up. At one point I was running a
script to clean them up until I found out what they were used for.

So, I live with them as long as it makes the mac happy ;-)

Ed

At 03:50 PM Sunday, 4/3/2005, you wrote -=>