[Samba] Take over Domain login from XP

Petric Frank pfrank at gmx.de
Sat Apr 2 10:24:33 GMT 2005

Hello,

current situation: A XP-pro PC which does a domain login into a Win2003
(active directory) server. I have admin rights on this PC but not for the
server. From the XP view the PC is already member of the domain.

I want to install a Linux client into a separate partition of this PC for
testing purposes. Is it possible to take over the domain login info from the
XP partition to allow samba a domain login also ?
Which values of the XP registry i have to take over (machine id, etc ...) ?
Where to place them (smb.conf) ?

Or does it work out of the box ?

I have searched the archives on this, but haven't found any appropriate. Maybe
i used the wrong keywords for searching.

Any hints are welcome.

regards
   Petric