[Samba] (no subject)

Michael Wray mwray at aimconnect.com
Thu Sep 30 14:26:35 GMT 2004

Am running samba-3.0.7,1 on freebsd 5.2.

How do I get wbinfo to pass plain text auth on a 2003 AD server?  It passes
the NTLM challenge/response just fine...but plain text fails and claims "No
Such User" as well as complaining about a null winbind separator.  All
examples I have seen have no definition for the winbind separator, is this
important for plain text auth or is it not supported in 2003? Here is the
session:

 /usr/ports/www/squid # wbinfo -a admintest%pa\$\$word
plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER (0xc0000064)
error messsage was: No such user
Could not authenticate user admintest%pa$$word with plaintext password
winbind separator was NULL!
challenge/response password authentication succeeded
You have new mail.
machine:~ /usr/ports/www/squid #
Michael Wray
S4F Technologies, Inc.