[Samba] Switch profile from local to roaming?

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 21:26:36 GMT 2004

Paul Geinger's idea below looks like it will work.  I've found a way
that you can force windows to replace the invalid SID in NTUSER.DAT
with a valid one, whithout trying to discover what the valid SID is
(they're very long and cumbersome anyway), and still preserving all
the profile's customization.

I'll post it under the Roaming Profiles:Samba PDC:WinXP:User must be local
admin thread.

I never did try the profiles program.  I've got the samba 3.0.7 rpm
installed and the profiles man page is there, but I couldn't find the
profiles binary.  I'll mess around with that later.