Réf. : Re: Réf. : [Samba] Puzzle -- Logon/Login from Windows XP

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Wed Sep 29 10:51:09 GMT 2004

Configure samba for become a domain member of a domain ?
or make samba as a domain controler and configure trusting account

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467

                      AndyLiebman at aol.
                      com                      Pour :   stephane.purnelle at corman.be
                                               cc :
                      29/09/2004 12:46         Objet :  Re: Réf. : [Samba] Puzzle --  Logon/Login from Windows  XP

> In a message dated 9/29/2004 6:10:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> stephane.purnelle at corman.be writes:
>
>I think that for resolve your problem, you configure samba for become PDC
>and connect all WINDOWS XP workstations to domain.

Thanks for the reply.

How do you define and create a domain? And is it difficult to maintain a
domain as the users change?

And what if the Samba server is just one of many servers on a network that
might have other domains and domain servers? And what if the workstations
have
to access other domains? This is the sort of environment where my system
has to
work.