[Samba] Are User Logon Hours Enforced on 3.0.7?

Chief Gecko chiefgecko at mail.com
Wed Sep 29 00:19:48 GMT 2004

I have a single SuSE Samba PDC (only DC) domain w/three winxp using roaming profiles. I have no local domain accounts on any machine. Said setup has been stable for many weeks; I updated from 3.0.5-SUSE to 3.0.7-1.1-SUSE rpm (samba.org) tonight and converted from smbpasswd:/etc/samba/smbpasswd -> tdbsam:/etc/samba/passdb.tdb

I've googled all evening and not found a reason why setting logon hours for an account has no effect. The 'net user /domain <user> /workstation:blah' works as something of a sanity check.

I tested after 21:00.
I deleted all of the roaming profiles on each computer to avoid any cached profile issues.

My guess is logon hours on 3.0.7 is, so far, implemented semantically.

Appreciate any feedback,
Tim...

Here's my son's domain account info.
C:\WINDOWS>net user /domain tyler
The request will be processed at a domain controller for domain ZZZZZZZZ.

User name                    tyler
Full Name                    Mister Tyler
Comment
User's comment
Country code                 000 (System Default)
Account active               Yes
Account expires              Never

Password last set            8/20/2004 5:51 PM
Password expires             Never
Password changeable          8/20/2004 5:51 PM
Password required            Yes
User may change password     Yes

Workstations allowed         All
Logon script                 logon.bat
User profile                 \\dataserver\profiles\.msprofile
Home directory               \\dataserver\tyler\.9xprofile
Last logon                   Never

Logon hours allowed          Sunday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
                             Monday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
                             Tuesday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
                             Wednesday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
                             Thursday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
                             Friday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
                             Saturday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Local Group Memberships
Global Group memberships     *Domain Users         *Power Users
The command completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS>