[Samba] Roaming Profiles:Samba PDC:WinXP:User must be local admin

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 18:00:42 GMT 2004

I'm posting my smb.conf below.  I posted it earlier today, but
evidently some of my posts are taking > 24 hrs to make it to the list.

I'm going to try adding the profile acls statement to the profiles
section since (for me) that's the section that actually establishes
the profiles share.  I'll post my results once I've tried it out.

Does anyone know if the profile acls setting is related/dependent on
acls support compiled into the kernel.  I haven't compiled it into my
kernel, but I think they're unrelated.

I don't blame you for wanting to run with with less than admin
privileges, especially with heinous things the windows GDI exploit
[http://www.easynews.com/virus.html] in the wild.

Zach

If there are other, unrelated, problems with the following smb.conf,
please let me know that as well.
smb.conf:
[global]
netbios name = BABYLON
workgroup = CIVILIZATION
browseable = no
server string = Samba Server
log file = /var/log/samba/smbd.log
max log size = 50
security = user
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
unix password sync = Yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = \
		*password* %n\n \
		*password* %n\n \
		*successfully*
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
# Most people will find that this option gives better performance.
# See speed.txt and the manual pages for details
local master = yes
os level = 64
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes