[Samba] NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Scott George Scott.George at DigitalControls.com
Mon Sep 27 13:59:02 GMT 2004

I use smbclient to attempt to connect to a share on my local server.
Here is what happens:

./smbclient //host/share -U username -W domain

Password:**********

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Here is my smb.conf file:

[global]
       workgroup = DOMAIN
       realm = DOMAIN.TLD
       server string = Solaris 9
       security = ADS
       auth methods = trustdomain, winbind, sam
       password server = server.domain.tld
       wins server = 192.168.1.41
       ldap ssl = no

[share]
       path = /store
       read only = No

I have it added to the ADS domain, I did this via the net command.

I can mount remote shares via the smbclient command, and can view files
in those shares.

I am using Solaris 9/Samba 3.0.7/OpenLDAP 2.2.17/Kerberos 5 1.3.5

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Scott George
Customer Support Engineer
Digital Controls Corporation