[Samba] Logon Script to go down one folder?

W. D. WD at US-Webmasters.com
Sat Sep 25 05:15:47 GMT 2004

Hi Folks,

Got Samba 3.0.7,1 running on FreeBSD--yippee!

One thing that I noticed is that when a Windows
user clicks on his folder named something like
'username', there are a bunch of files there
that he might 'accidently' delete:

.cshrc
.login
.login_conf
.mail_aliases
.mailrc
.profile
.rhosts
.shrc

Is there some way to automatically log on the
user to folder just below 'username' named
something like 'username-folder'?  That way
there would be a lot smaller chance that those
configuration files might dissapear.

I guess the logon script could be something as
simple as:

cd %u-folder

Where would I put it?  What would it be called?

Thank you so kindly for your assistance!

Start Here to Find It Fast!™ -> http://www.US-Webmasters.com/best-start-page/
$8.77 Domain Names -> http://domains.us-webmasters.com/