[Samba] Installing Samba for Solaris 8's (SPARC 02/04 Editon) from the Companion Cd

Kaprino Mezzo kaprino at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 02:30:15 GMT 2004

Hi,
      I installed Samba from  Solaris 8's (SPARC 02/04 Editon),Companion Cd on 3 several SUN servers. 2 out of the 3 servers  wroks fine. I am wondering  is there any other packages that is a requiremetn for Samba?  I  also was able to  connect via smabclient from the other sun servers, but unable to connect from   a linux server & map the share directory from Windows XP Pro.
      I have incldued "encrypt password = yes" and added accounts with smbpasswd -a option. But I get the following error messages  "32 bit error packet at line 520 cmd=115 (SMBsesssetupX) eclass=c000006d [Error: Unknown error (109,49152)]" when connecting from windows XP Pro. Seems like password is not working even when encrypted??

Any help would be apprectiated.

Regards,
Kap