[Samba] Winbindd on FreeBSD 4.10 Help

Elijah Savage esavage at digitalrage.org
Thu Sep 23 12:53:22 GMT 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 07:45:57AM -0400, Elijah Savage wrote:
  | Even with linux compatibilty installed it has no nsswitch support? I
  | thought if you installed linux compatibilty then nsswitch support
works.

> Oh, right; binaries within the Linux compat heirarchy should probably
work if the appropriate Linux libraries are install there too.
> At least, that's the theory in NetBSD (and the Linux emulation code in
FreeBSD has a common heritage).

When I installed this box I specifically installed it for this task and
installed linux compatibilty during intstall, the /etc/nsswitch.conf was
created and everything. I can join my AD domain as NT4 style but not
with ADS which is strange and it works with NT4 style as long as the
usernames are local to the samba machine. It was recommended that I run
the latest heimdal 0.6.1 so I mad world last night everything went great
and I am running the latest 4.10 stable with heimdal 0.6.1 and I get
these errors when I try to join the AD domain as ADS. But if I use the
rpc join for nt4 style it joins right up I can see all my shares on the
samba box and get to them. One good thing out of all this it is on a lab
LAN so I am glad I got a chance to test it before trying to implement
it.

ns1# kinit Administrator at DIGITALRAGE
FreeBSD Inc. (luke.digitalrage.org)
Kerberos Initialization for "Administrator at DIGITALRAGE"
Password:
kinit: Can't send request (send_to_kdc)

ns1# net ads join -U Administrator%XXXXXX
[2004/09/23 07:15:57, 0] libads/kerberos.c:ads_kinit_password(136)
  kerberos_kinit_password Administrator at DIGITALRAGE.LOCAL failed:
Unknown error -1765328228
[2004/09/23 07:15:57, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(183)
  ads_connect: Unknown error -1765328228