[Samba] Corrupted userid in mail folders - Crisis

Roland Giesler roland at giesler.za.net
Wed Sep 22 07:55:04 GMT 2004

> > [root at inet root]# getent passwd canhal
> > canhal:x:10167:10000::/home/RHENGHS/canhal:/bin/bash
> >
> > So you can see that the correct user should be 10167, not 10585
>
> No, i bet the number reported from getent is changing.

Ah, I understand what you mean.  Let me check that.  I need a predetermined
mailbox to get corrupted... One that I know the userid number of.

Ok, found one.  You're right.  The userid doesn't change, the mapping does

[root at inet samba]# ls -l /home/RHENGHS/elahyl
total 12
drwx------  7 zelbeu Domain Users 4096 Aug 14 21:36 Maildir/
drwx------  2 zelbeu Domain Users 4096 Feb 23  2002 tmp/
drwxr-xr-x  2 zelbeu Domain Users 4096 Jun 20  2002 webpage/
[root at inet samba]# getent passwd zelbeu
zelbeu:x:10865:10000::/home/RHENGHS/zelbeu:/bin/bash
[root at inet samba]#

User elahyl is 10000 - that I know.
[root at inet samba]# getent passwd elahyl
elahyl:x:10000:10000::/home/RHENGHS/elahyl:/bin/bash
[root at inet samba]#

I guess the userid on the folders is wrong now because I ran my "fixing"
script.  I'm going to run it again, since I change the slow hub to a switch
and stopped the nscd service.  The I'll see what happens.

Roland