[Samba] USRMGR.EXE & smbpasswd as password backend

Fabio Codecà fabiocode at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 20:36:51 GMT 2004

Hi to everybody.

I'm using samba 3.0.6 as PDC and everything is ok. I'm now trying to
use some windows managing tool, as USRMGR to add user and group, but
I'm finding some problem, in particular about some of the user
configuration detail that I can't set. I've read that there is an
usefull tool to manage all the user detail but I don't know how to set
up the add script....

Essentially I ask to you if you know which parameters (for example %u
as user name) are passed from USRMGR to SAMBA when you try to add an
user or a group so I can create an appropriate script!!!

I hope you can understand (sorry for my english)!
Thanks to all