[Samba] Samba Script?

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Sun Sep 19 03:52:49 GMT 2004

>Good Evening :)
>
>I wanted to know is it possible to write a script to alert me by email if anyone accessed to Samba.

You could always use the pre-exec directive on a share and then evaluate
the ip address of the client, passed with the %I variable like so

[myshare]
  root preexec = /scripts/somecommand.pl %I

Check out http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html in the
section for variable substitution for other interesting things you may
want to pass.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.