[Samba] upgraded old smb system to new release with a few errors

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Sep 18 22:44:09 GMT 2004

On Saturday 18 September 2004 16:24, Patrick Nelson wrote:
> I moved an old smb system (version 2) over to a completely new system
> with  version 3.0.7 running on FC2.  I just copied the config files over
> and then ran swat and adjusted any problems that I found.  Then save the
> swat config and started the smb server.  Gosh be Good!  It worked just
> fine.
>
> But...
>
> I stared noticing entries like these in the logs:
>
> rpc_server/srv_util.c:get_domain_user_groups(376)
> get_domain_user_groups: primary gid of user [jc.nelson] is not a Domain
> group !  get_domain_user_groups: You should fix it, NT doesn't like that
>
> : 8 Time(s)
>
> Anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

Have you mapped local UNIX groups to Windows Domain Groups?

See:	net groupmap list

Map local UNIX group 'users' to the Windows Domain Group 'Domain Users' by:

	net groupmap ntgroup="Domain Users" unixgroup=users

Your UNIX users primary group membership should map to a Domain Group.

You can add a Domain Group for a UNIX group called 'engineers' by:

	net groupmap add ntgroup="Engineers" unixgroup=engineers type=d

Enjoy!

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra