[Samba] upgraded old smb system to new release with a few errors

Patrick Nelson pnelson at neatech.com
Sat Sep 18 22:24:04 GMT 2004

I moved an old smb system (version 2) over to a completely new system
with  version 3.0.7 running on FC2.  I just copied the config files over
and then ran swat and adjusted any problems that I found.  Then save the
swat config and started the smb server.  Gosh be Good!  It worked just fine.

But...

I stared noticing entries like these in the logs:

rpc_server/srv_util.c:get_domain_user_groups(376)
get_domain_user_groups: primary gid of user [jc.nelson] is not a Domain
group !  get_domain_user_groups: You should fix it, NT doesn't like that
: 8 Time(s)

Anyone know what this is and how to fix it?