[Samba] Samba : Lock table full errors making my life miserable ..

Sundarapandian Jeyamanoharan sundru at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 20:23:14 GMT 2004

Hi All,
    I take care of a small network for a Tax an Accounting firm , We
switched over from Windows to a RH ES server running samba 3.0.7
recently.
Ok heres the problem there's this mutinous wretch of a software called
peachtree , It intermittently (every 1 or 2 days sometimes every
couple of hours) comes out with "Z:\Staus.dat Lock Table Full "
Errors..

heres the help section from peachtree
"If you are operating Peachtree on a Novell network and experience
"Lock Table Full" errors, increase the maximum locks per connection on
your network, then try the conversion process again. If this does not
work or you are on a experiencing "Lock Table Full" errors on other
networks when trying to convert data, copy your company data to a
workstation and perform the operation directly on that workstation.
When the process is complete, copy the data back to the network drive.

If you are unclear as to how to set the number of locks, refer to your
network manual or see a network administrator. You can also visit the
PeachFacts Knowledge Base at our Web site at www.peachtree.com/support
for information correcting the error."

Anyone know how to set whatever they are talking about in samba ? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried the following as solutions :
1. upgraded samba from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7
2. tried all the following  in smb.conf
       oplocks = no
       level2 oplocks = no
       kernel oplocks = no
       strict locking = no
in all possible permutations. - this doesnt help

Following is my config file

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = XXX
        server string = XXX
        security = SHARE
        oplocks = no
        level2 oplocks = no
        kernel oplocks = no
        strict locking = no
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
        load printers = No
        disable spoolss = Yes
        show add printer wizard = No
        idmap uid = 15000-20000