[Samba] Re: Just a quick suggestion for backup solution, please???

jamrock news_jamrock at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 16:37:28 GMT 2004

"Mark Jones" <mlp1 at ig.com.br> wrote in message
news:cig2va$5sg$1 at sea.gmane.org...
> Hi everybody,
>
> I´ve been using samba for a while, but I have no backups...

> I´d just like something simple and effective, with some easy way to
Restore
> files...
> Any quick suggestion, please?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> []´s,
> Mark Jones

I use Bacula and have no problems with it.  It took a while to understand
how to set it up, however.

I have read good things about Arkeia (www.arkeia.com).  They have a light
version that is free.

One of our clients uses Tapeware by Yosemite Technologies
(www.tapeware.com).  It is good enough for Dell and Seagate to bundle it
with their products.  You can use the evaluation copy for 30 days.

As usual, you need to test, test, test before using them in production
environments.

Hope this helps.