[Samba] New Users cannot login on W2k client (Samba 3.01 on debian linux)

Hugh Brown hbrown at dyaptive.com
Fri Sep 17 20:03:26 GMT 2004

Roland Schroth wrote:
> I must confess that I am far away from knowing much about the linux system and its administration. Maybe you can give me a hint
> where to look for the reason for this or how to solve the problem. One of my problems here is, that I do not remember what
> configuration changes were made since the last working new user account was created. What I know is, that we upgraded to 3.01 some
> time ago from the version that came with debian (woody) but I am quite sure that working user accounts have been created after that
> change.

You may want to check that Samba's SID has remained the same over the
upgrade.  This thread from Google explains things a bit more:

	http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=P9nY.7m6.9%40gated-at.bofh.it&rnum=7&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26q%3Drejoin%2Bdomain%2Bsamba%2Bprofile%26btnG%3DSearch

Hope that helps...
--
Hugh Brown