[Samba] create mask command in smb.conf

C.Scheeder christoph.scheeder at scheeder.de
Fri Sep 17 14:29:43 GMT 2004

Hi,
jep, this is all normal.
Create mask is a mask for *file* creation, it masks out the bits
not specified. So setting it to 770 forces your *files* to get
never more rights then rwxrwx--- .
What you want is the line

force create mode 770

to force the mode of your *files* to 0770 at least.
have a look at smb.conf manpage for the available options for
directorys.
Christoph