[Samba] Samba and Windows XP - RESOLVED

Jason Johnson jason at oregonnet.com
Thu Sep 16 09:56:16 GMT 2004

Thanks to all who gave it their best shot to assist me.  After double
checking my log files again I noticed in /var/log/messages that nmbd was
trying to communicate with my Wireless NIC instead of the Ethernet NIC.  I
disabled the Wireless NIC temporarily and then I double checked the settings
on the Ethernet NIC.  It turnes out I had mistyped the subnet mask.  I
corrected this and now I can access Samba from windows.  I reenabled the
wireless NIC and everything is working wonderfully now.

Looks like the soak in the Jacuzzi really helped clear my head.  :-D  Thanks
again to all who gave me advice

Jason