[Samba] Character encoding problems

andren at stmf.se andren at stmf.se
Thu Sep 16 06:40:28 GMT 2004

I have tried with the following settings in smb.conf

"unix charset" set to {UTF8, ISO8859-1, ASCII}
"display charset" (altough i afterward understood that it did only affect the
messages from samba to stdout and stderr) set to {UTF8, LOCALE}

Also, I have tried setting "iocharset" when mounting to {utf8, iso8859-1}