[Samba] Suse (SLES8) Kerberos

Bjoern JACKE samba at j3e.de
Tue Sep 14 13:57:07 GMT 2004

On 2004-08-09 at 11:18 +0200 Mattias Andersson sent off:
>http://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/sles8-i386/ (You can also find rpms for
>other distros there).
>But the book also tells me that I need either Heimdal 0.6 (plus specific
>patches) or MIT Kerberos 1.3.1 or later.
>Of course Suse SLES8 doesnt come with any of these, it comes with
>Heimdal 0.4. The easiest thing would probably be to use Heimdal since
>the system comes with Heimdal, but does anyone know where I can find
>rpm-packages with heimdal 0.6 for SLES8?
>Also, what does specific patches mean? Isn't Heimdal 0.6 enough?

there is no need to install a new heimdal if you use the SerNet RPMs because
they are linked statically against the needed kerberos libs. On ftp.sernet.de
you find all samba3 RPMs for all recent SUSE versions with working kerberos and
now also RPMs for RHEL3 with sane kerberos support to even join a Windows 2003
Active Direcory.

Bjoern