[Samba] Ran into a problem upgrading to Samba 3.0.7

Daniel Gapinski dangapinski at qsi-r2.com
Tue Sep 14 13:26:32 GMT 2004

Hi everybody,

I am almost done with my migration to Samba 3 using smb passwd, and I
have to say I like the tools a lot. I did run into a problem though, and
I think it is because I used the "domain admin group" line in smb.conf,
not knowing it had deprecated. I removed it, but now when I run net
groupmap list, I have 2 entries for the Domain Admins group. 1 entry
maps to my UNIX admin group, and the other maps to root. The practical
downside of this is that when I log onto my account (a member of
admin/Domain Admins), I have no administrative privilege.

I think that the double entry is causing the problem, but when I run
'net groupmap delete "Domain Admins"', it will not allow me to delete
the account so as to recreate it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan Gapinski