[Samba] Browsing Sucks on VPN

Saad Ahmed saad at mantatest.com
Mon Sep 13 19:36:10 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am using Samba on RH9 for providing namaing services. We were using WINS before for naming.
On networking neighborhood, I can see all computers (when I am in the office), however when I am travelling, I am not able to see the list. Not only that, I am unable to connect to my computer using \\NameOfComputer. I can connect through \\MyIpAddress.

I could see the list of computers when I was using WINS in the past. Does anyone know the solution to fix this on Samba.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

MSA