[Samba] cannot add domain user to directory security on 3.0.6 from Windows Explorer

EF st1llg0tth3blu3s at yahoo.com.sg
Sun Sep 12 09:47:48 GMT 2004

Hi,
I'm trying to run samba 3.0.6 with --with-acl-support
on redhat 9.0 with kernel 2.4.25 patched with acl,
joined to a ADS w2k environment. Everything is OK,
except that I can't add any user to a directory
security on a share, with error "unable to save
permission changes on folder EmirF_create_tis_fldr.
Access is denied".

Even as user "EmirF" from windows explorer,
access_denied error still appear.

[SHARES]
comment = Shared directory in Linux
path = /SHARES
browseable = yes
writeable = yes
valid users = @"Domain Users"
admin users = EmirF,@"Domain Admins"

the permissions of the folder:

# ls -ld /SHARES/ /SHARES/EmirF_create_tis_fldr/ ;\
> chacl -l /SHARES/ /SHARES/EmirF_create_tis_fldr/
drwxrwxrwt    6 EmirF    Domain Users     4096 Sep 12
17:47 /SHARES/
drwxr-xr-x    2 EmirF    Domain Users     4096 Sep 12
17:46 /SHARES/EmirF_create_tis_fldr/
/SHARES/ [u::rwx,g::rwx,o::rwx]
/SHARES/EmirF_create_tis_fldr/ [u::rwx,g::r-x,o::r-x]
#

I've read the official HOWTO (specially chap. 12),
confused and still can't get this thing working.

=====
rgrds,
EF