[Samba] Samba(PDC) - LDAP problem only with W2KAS and XP clients

Gonzalo Britti gonzalo.britti at idea-factory.net
Sat Sep 11 19:23:32 GMT 2004

Hi, my name is Gonzalo, I have the following problem:

I have a Samba 2.2.8a configured as a PDC server running on Solaris 9 and pointing to a users database acceded by LDAP (SunOne Directory Server 5.2).

Everything works very well while I register hosts with W2000 Proffesional in the Domain.

The problem appears when I want to join the domain with WXP or W2K AS hosts (I didn't  prove with W2000S but I supposed It'll be the same).

The registration process into the domain looks to work fine but it does not, Windows shows "Wellcome to MYDOMAIN Domain", when I restart the PC and want to start a session with a domain user, the W2K Server o WXP shows the next message:

"The system cannot begin its session at this time because domain MYDOMAIN not this available"

or something like that...

In the log of the samba I've found that during the registration to the domain, the following error is reported:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[2004/08/15 18:53:45, 2] rpc_parse/parse_samr.c:samr_io_userinfo_ctr(6285)
 samr_io_userinfo_ctr: unknown switch level 0x1a
[2004/08/15 18:53:45, 0] rpc_server/srv_samr.c:api_samr_set_userinfo(670)
 api_samr_set_userinfo: Unable to unmarshall SAMR_Q_SET_USERINFO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if this could help but hers is a copy of my smb.conf file

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[global]
workgroup = MYDOMAIN
netbios name = MAIN
server string = Samba PDC Server
interfaces = 192.168.104.1/24
bind interfaces only = Yes
encrypt passwords = Yes
passwd program = /opt/samba/bin/change_LDAP_passwd.sh %u
passwd chat = *New*Password:* %n\n *Re-enter*new*Password:* %n\n *changed*
unix password sync = Yes
log level = 2
log file = /opt/local/samba/var/log.%m
max log size = 50
domain admin group = smbadm
domain logons = Yes
os level = 80
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes
dns proxy = No
wins support = Yes
ldap server = 192.168.1.1
ldap port = 389
ldap suffix = o=myorg,o=root
ldap admin dn = uid=admin,ou=People,o=myorg,o=root
ldap ssl = no
hosts allow = 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
profile acls = Yes

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
valid users = %S
read only = No
browseable = No

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /opt/samba/lib/netlogon
guest ok = Yes
share modes = No

I can attach all the logs of the LDAP, if somebody thinks that they can help.

if someone can help me, thanks in advance, Gonzalo.