[Samba] Permission weirdness

Chris chrisd at better-investing.org
Thu Sep 9 19:28:16 GMT 2004

This is worse than I thought!

Another user has now complained to me that he does not have rights to
something he should have rights to!

I have a printer shared out, to use it you must be in the DOMAIN+ColorPrint_
group.  He is a member, and yet it won't let him even access it to install
it!  An authentication box pops up asking for username and passwd.

[phaser8400]
        path = /var/spool/samba
        valid users = @Domain+ColorPrint_
        printable = Yes
        printer name = phaser8400
        browseable = No
        root preexec = echo Connect   :%T U.G=%U.%G u.g=%u.%g
>> /root/.info/p8400.log
        root postexec = echo Disconnect:%T U.G=%U.%G u.g=%u.%g
>> /root/.info/p8400.log
        printer admin = @"DOMAIN+Domain Admins"

Nothing has changed...   I haven't messed with any of the configuration files
or added any new software.  This just started happening spontaneously it
seems.

my wbinfo -t/-u/-g all look good.

Is the tdb corrupted or something?   What can I do to fix this?

Chris