[Samba] Permission weirdness

Chris chrisd at better-investing.org
Thu Sep 9 20:13:48 GMT 2004

Okay..

I think I may have found something, but I don't know what to do about it....

I have found this in my log.winbind file:

[2004/09/09 15:50:55, 1] nsswitch/winbindd_util.c:add_trusted_domain(180)
  Added domain NAIC NAIC.INT S-0-0
[2004/09/09 15:50:55, 1] libsmb/clikrb5.c:ads_krb5_mk_req(306)
  krb5_cc_get_principal failed (No credentials cache found)
[2004/09/09 15:50:55, 1] nsswitch/winbindd_util.c:add_trusted_domain(180)
  Added domain NAICSYS  S-1-5-21-1898674339-994652211-837300805
[2004/09/09 15:50:55, 1] nsswitch/winbindd_util.c:add_trusted_domain(180)
  Added domain BUILTIN  S-1-5-32
[2004/09/09 15:50:55, 1] nsswitch/winbindd_util.c:add_trusted_domain(180)
  Added domain PERSEUS  S-1-5-21-3652935647-1358748155-3390278020

It is the "No credentials found" part that looks suspicious.  When I initially
rolled the system out a couple months back, it did not give this error.  Now
it does, and I can't think of a thing that has changed on the system.

Again, the weird thing is it doesn't appear to affect everybody, just certain
users trying to use certain resources.

I have seen many posts with this error, but no solutions to it.  I am going to
try to leave and rejoin the domain... I hope I don't regret that...

Chris