[Samba] UPDATE Where are the ADOBE PS Drivers?

Sean E. Millichamp sean at compu-aid.net
Thu Sep 9 00:28:15 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 19:53, Chris McKeever wrote:

> Sean - thanks for the information, that clears up a ton of confusion -
> so the new cupsaddsmb takes into account the new psotscript files -
> good to know...

I had originally tried to install the new drivers manually using the
procedure in the Samba How-to called (from memory) "Manually installing
printer drivers using rpcclient".  That was not sufficient because the
manufacturer-supplied (HP) PPDs that I was using generated not entirely
legal Postscript that resulted in uninterpreted Postscript being printed
as CUPS mis-typed it.  The new cupsaddsmb apparently is designed to
modify these "bad" PPDs during the installation so they generate
Postscript output that is acceptable to CUPS.

> if you dont mind, would it be possible to email me the man page
> output?  I would like to read it, and no box I have is running
> 1.1.21rc*

I don't have it installed anywhere either.  I just downloaded and
untarred the 1.1.21rc2 source and found it in there.  So as to not flood
the samba mailing list I will send it attached in a separate email and
send it directly to you.

> thanks for the post!

Not a problem.  Glad I could help.

Best,