[Samba] UPDATE Where are the ADOBE PS Drivers?

Chris McKeever techjedi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 23:53:52 GMT 2004

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 19:11:16 -0400, Sean E. Millichamp
<sean at compu-aid.net> wrote:

> Apparently the new recommended way of setting up printing according to
> CUPS is to use the Windows 2000 Postscript driver from Microsoft (who,
> in turn, apparently obtained it from Adobe).  Apparently, the NT 4
> driver that the old CUPS driver for Windows were based on were too
> buggy.  The V1.06 Adobe driver you referred to seems to have the new PS
> driver files that are recommended (ps5ui.dll, pscript5.dll, pscript.hlp,
> pscript.ntf).  However, don't think you can just install those manually,
> you really need to use the cupsaddsmb program as it does other things
> with the PPD.
>
> So, the cupsaddsmb script in CUPS 1.1.21rc2 handles the files properly
> for the new recommended way of doing things.  The files needed are
> listed in the accompanying cupsaddsmb manpage.

Sean - thanks for the information, that clears up a ton of confusion -
so the new cupsaddsmb takes into account the new psotscript files -
good to know...

if you dont mind, would it be possible to email me the man page
output?  I would like to read it, and no box I have is running
1.1.21rc*

thanks for the post!