[Samba] file context menu takes for ever with 3.0.6, both sernet and suse

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Mon Sep 6 17:11:00 GMT 2004

I've tested SerNet's ans SuSE's versions of Samba 3.0.6
on a test member server. Joining domain, attaching share
all works but if I right-click a file, the context menu
takes for ever to pop up. If I select Properties, it
takes even longer until the dialog box appears.

Right-clicking a directory pops up the context menu
without delay and the Properties dialog box also comes
fast, but files are very lazy.

The smb.conf (as well as the SuSE 8.2) is a clone of
another hardwarewise identical member server's
configuration file with only the name of the server
changed accordingly. The problem does not occur with
samba 3.0.4.

What's wrong?